Friday, November 21, 2008

Connorisms...

Connor told me yesterday who he was going to marry... and then proceeded to tell me that he was going to give her a REALLY nice present... an escavator. I'm guessing she wouldn't be too thrilled. And of course while she drives the escavator, he plans to drive the bulldozer.

His latest phrase that makes us laugh is... "I'm frozen salad!" Can't seem to break it to him that it's supposed to be frozen solid : )

We've been having lots of trouble waking him up lately for school w/o him being grumpy (probably has a lot to do w/ the late bedtimes, but would love any tips on getting kids off to school happily!). I asked him last night what he'd like me to do differently so that we could have a better morning. He thought about it for awhile and then said "Let me sleep longer". We had to laugh... that wasn't really one of the options! I think we'll set him up w/ an alarm clock next week and see how that goes...

11 comments:

ShareandRemember said...

Frozen salad! LOL I know Brett does best if we get him to bed by 7 or 7:30. It's really hard with the rest of life going on but we try to make it a priority most nights. They need about 11 hrs. Brett will kinda catch up & then not seem to need to go to bed as early but even if he lays there & doesn't sleep, it's good. Brett loves his bed & tells us often he's not getting enough sleep. Then we see it when he's sooo crabby in the morning.

Angie said...

Haha Connor! Oh these pictures make us really miss you all! Frozen salad...! :D

Todd said...

What woman wouldn't be thrilled with an "escavator"? This post reminds me of Micah C. and "magzanines." Dad and I struggled with mornings until I left home, I think. Not to discourage you or anything. ;) Really miss you and your boys!

Mindy said...

duh mom, just let him sleep longer! lol! an alarm clock helped micah last year. in fact he just asked me this morning if we could do that again.

Amber said...

Elliot goes to bed at 7:30 except on meeting nights...and now that he's in the habit, as soon as the clock hits it, he asks if he should get his teeth brushed. Any idea what logan weighs? They are all so cute.

Alyssa said...

I found your site through friends of friends and I just had to leave a comment because your new little boy is completely adorable and I wanted to wish you the best of luck with your 3 precious boys. WE also have 3 boys all within 4 years apart so I have a special place now for you in my heart thru shared experience :) WE haven't seen you in years and years (pre-kid days :)) but its fun to catch up with WI folks and it looks like you are just doing great! We've lived now in CO for 11 years and haven't been back for conventions, only for family visits in Milwaukee, so we are way out of the loop. It's so fun to be able to go on blogs to see everyone grow and change.
WE have a blog that I occasionally update at www.alybarry.blogspot.com I made it private now :( but if you want to ever go on...just let me know in this comment section and I can send you an email invite. Take care...enjoy your little ones and I wish you lots of energy and long restful nights! Alyssa, Barry, Carson, Brayden, and Andrew

Neisha said...

smart kid
We get our kids to bed by 7:30. Kylie has to get up a 6:40 am for school.

Amanda said...

haha oh my goodness! These are going to be added to what I tell people about my crazy little 4 year old nephew.... I was talking about some of his cute little sayings last night... Ah I miss my nephews! And you and Brian of course too ;) Only a few more days!

shaunandhelen said...

Well just looking out the window this am made me feel frozen salad! Ha ha-
Connor is funny (from Nolan) And of course we love to see lots of pics of little Logan.

Brian, Erin, Connor & Ty said...

Alyssa - Am guessing you won't be checking this at this late a date, but wanted to tell you I'd love to see your blog. It was so fun to hear from you & would love to catch up w/ you guys too! Will let this be all for now since you may not get this. Will see if I can reach you another way too. Tx for your sweet message!

Erin

Danica said...

Hi Erin, Thanks for keeping us up to date on your adorable family! I just wanted to let you know so you don't wonder who the lurker from Oregon is. =) Have a good holiday!